- This event has passed.
Cost of Living Crisis & Social Innovation
28 February @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
The cost of living crisis is affecting the population in many ways, with millions of households missing essential payments last month and people cutting essential buying to cover bills, including groceries, medicines and housing costs. The activity of third-sector organisations, affected by a lack of funding, and whose actions are vital to many vulnerable people, are also suffering the consequences.
How is this crisis affecting our whole ecosystem? How is the situation preventing organisations and individuals from achieving their vision – and ultimately affecting people’s lives? What role can social innovation play in this – and what are the limits?
If you are interested in joining the conversation, then come along on Tuesday 28 February. We will explore the current situation, hear what some organisations and social innovators are doing and share ideas of practical actions we can all take.
What to expect:
– An analysis of the current situation, supported by two keynote speakers from well established enterprises such as Carnegie Trust UK and EVOC.
– Explore solutions that social innovation could bring to the table, especially from a local perspective.
– Understand the limits- if they exist- of our organisations to tackle the general situation.
– A facilitated space to learn from other experiences and share tips.
– Enhanced knowledge of the places where attendants can go to get effective help.
– A welcoming environment and refreshments.
The Melting Pot
Social Innovation Connect
The Melting Pot is Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation and one of the oldest coworking communities in the world. We offer freelancers, remote workers, small businesses and large organisations flexible, safe and creative solutions for this new era of working.
We offer regular events for our community, from exciting talks with Scotland’s leading Social Innovators to practical help with your business. We love helping people meet, learn and connect so we make sure almost all our events are open to everyone.
About Social Innovation Connect
Social Innovation Connect aims to create a better, more connected UK social innovation ecosystem across the regions, with stronger transnational ties to Europe and beyond. It is a member of the European Social Innovation Alliance (ESIA), an EU-funded programme which is supporting the establishment of national social innovation ‘competence centres’ across Europe.
- 28 February
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Co-working Space, Innovation Centres, Networking/community
- Event Tags:
- Innovation, Third sector/Social enterprises
- 15 Calton Road Edinburgh EH8 8DL
- The Melting Pot