Costing & Pricing
This workshop focuses on what to consider when costing and pricing your product or service. This will include:
- What elements to consider when costing & pricing your work
- How to calculate direct costs
- How to calculate overheads
- How to cost your time
- How to consider the value of your product within the marketplace
- How to calculate a price for wholesale
- How does the lifecycle of your product reflect its pricing?
The workshop will be interactive, and participants will complete a worksheet during the session focussed on costing their products and creating a costing plan for their own business. The content/ case studies used during the workshop will be customised to suit the designers /makers involved.
Fiona Chautard is a qualified business coach, experienced mentor and adviser to the creative industries with a specialism in fashion, textiles and design. She is the specialist industry adviser for fashion, textiles and retail at Textiles Scotland, Cultural Enterprise Office and Fashion Foundry where she advises & mentors creative businesses and individuals. She is a mentor for the Craft Council and Fashion Foundry and serves on advisory boards at Caledonian University and Textiles Scotland.
Funded by Renfrewshire Council – Invest in Renfrewshire