We were established by the Scottish Government in recognition of the unique circumstances of the South of Scotland, and the need for a fresh approach to drive inclusive growth across the area.
We want to drive inclusive growth, increase competitiveness, and tackle inequality within the region. We want to establish the South of Scotland as a centre of opportunity, innovation and growth. Our Operating Plan 2021/22 can be viewed here.
We will work with people and businesses in communities right across the South of Scotland to grow its economy by providing investment, expertise and mentoring. We’ll inspire the region to think bigger and unlock significant opportunities for all.
- We are here to listen to you, as we have over the past two years as we established ourselves – and to do things differently, to take risks, and to put our fabulous region on the map and showcase the South of Scotland to the world.
- We will empower everyone to make the South of Scotland an even greater place to live, work, visit, learn and invest in. ‘Everyone’ means exactly that. As an individual, community, or business (of whatever size, structure or objective) – show us how you can help us to make that happen and we will work with you to achieve both our aims.
- We will unlock the great potential of our people and our resources and we will do it in a locally responsive way by truly bringing a fresh approach to making things happen in the South.
- We will work with whoever we need to in order to provide a single and unified voice to champion our great region on the national stage.
- We will highlight our key issues and make sure the South of Scotland is able to make the most of our opportunity to be in greater control of our own future.
Our four core values are embedded in everything we do. These are to:
- Be inclusive, supporting diverse thinking from diverse communities and businesses
- Be responsible, to do what’s right for communities and the planet. To champion the South and all those who live there
- Be bold, open minded and ambitious
- Be striving, challenging ourselves to always be better.
- Unit 128, Ettrick Riverside
Accelerator Programmes, Business Advisory Services, Finance and Investment, Growth Advantage Programmes, Incubator Programmes, Innovation Centres, Knowledge and/or Skills Exchange and Leadership Programmes Agricultural, Arts & Creative, Energy, Engineering, Enterprise Support, Entertainment & Gaming, Environmental, Food & Drink, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Personal Services, Retail, Technology and Tourism & Recreation