Women’s Enterprise Scotland (WES) is a research-led, not-for-profit Community Interest Company which champions women-led and women-owned businesses.
WES advocates for better evidence-based policy making and believes that delivering expert, needs-based business support will enable women to fulfil their aspirations, and unlock an £8.8bn economic potential to boost the economy. WES works in collaboration with local, national and international partners towards the vision of a gender equal, diverse and inclusive business ecosystem which will allow innovation and productivity to thrive.
WES was established in 2011 to create a voice for women-owned businesses in Scotland and to promote policy and best practice which enables women to successfully start up and grow their own businesses.
The simple fact is that more women-owned businesses in Scotland means more money for the economy. Our research shows that women-owned businesses:
- already contribute a staggering £8.8bn into the economy every year
- have created over 230,000 jobs in local communities across Scotland.
Yet women-owned businesses are just 20% of the business base in Scotland.
We believe we can encourage more women and girls to try out their business ideas, through the provision of needs-based support co-designed by women-owned businesses and experts in gender techniques.
- Along with our role model Ambassadors, we inspire and support women to start – and then to grow – their own businesses.
- We provide training to create and activate business ideas, to develop leadership skills and to power business growth and scale-up.
- Through our digital Women’s Business Centre – https://womensbusinesscentre.com/ we are building a networked community of women-owned businesses from those who are curious about starting a business, or shaping up an idea right through to established and scaling businesses.
Business Advisory Services, Competitions and Awards, Knowledge and/or Skills Exchange, Leadership Programmes, Mentoring, Networking/community and Specialist Support Agricultural, Arts & Creative, Central Scotland, Education, Entertainment & Gaming, Food & Drink, Growing, Highlands of Scotland, Hospitality, Idea, Legal, Marketing & Branding, North East Scotland, Outside of Scotland but within the UK, Personal Services, Professional Services, Public Relations, Retail, Scaling, South of Scotland, Sports & Leisure, Start up, Technology and Tourism & Recreation