Organisations Category: Networks & Events
A unique approach to develop business support to rural communities, in other words a helping hand for your rural business to flourish and help advance your local community through business.
LEADER is a bottom-up method of delivering support to communities for rural development. The aim of LEADER is to increase support to local rural community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, and encourage innovation and cooperation in order to tackle local development objectives. Grants are on offer through your closest Local Action Group if your idea fulfils a local development strategy (one of the things listed below).
- drive community action on climate change
- enhance rural services and facilities, including transport initiatives
- enhance natural/cultural heritage, tourism and leisure
- support food and drink initiatives (for example short supply chains, community food)
- build co-operation with other LAGs in Scotland, UK and Europe
- exchange learning and knowledge with each other, realise their potential, build opportunities for all